Monday, February 15, 2010

Nature Tree


Two weeks have passed by and we have another challenge for Card For Men. We have a sponsor and it is Hope JaSAHM with three young children. Trained in textile design at the Glasgow School of Art. Love all thing handmade especially papercrafts. I love to doodle.....and my doodles are available through Shop Handmade. If you would like to see her store click here. The prize winner will receive 3 images of there choice. So make sure you stop by and see her images. The image I picked was "The Tree" and we where to use mostly green on our card. It could be any occasion.
So this is what I did, I created a mountain by ripping some paper, then flipped the the edge over the have the stright edge and left a small space and added some water and then brought in some green for the grass. I used sponges to apply the ink and the ink I used was Mementos Paris Dusk, London Fog, Paris Dusk, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout. I colored the tree with At You Spica pens. I used white pen by Ultimate Gel pen pastel from American Crafts. Added some branches for in front and I'm sorry I do not know who made the stamp. Put some ribbon and 3 green dots for embellishments. I asked my sons and I have 3 they said they really like it and thought it made a good mans card. I hope you enjoy it.

16 comments:

Stef H said...

oh is this stunning. i just love those splats on there too. and i really like your new page look.

hugs ♥

Holly Young said...

Patricia you have created a really fabulous scene! I love your sun and mountains, and the paper pieced tree trunk!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Patricia. How beautiful. A really peaceful, idyllic scene. I love it.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Donnas Den said...

I agree with your sons, Patricia. I really am taken with this card.

Your description is very useful too, particularly as I've been looking at inks to buy lately.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now,

Donna xx

Claire Phillips said...

Beautiful card - I adore how you have created the background - fab! Cheers Claire x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patricia, your card is gorgeous, I love what youve done with that tree its beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Melisa Waldorf said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with Creative Belli this week! Good Luck!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love your creatively made scene! Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is very, very nice. I love tree images and think they are perfect for "guy" cards.

Maria Matter said...

oh WOW, Patricia, this is gorgoeus!!!
fabulous background with this wonderful tree!

blessings, Maria

Heather said...

Excellent composition- what a stunning card.

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous scene - love the background! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge! Come join us again this Wednesday!

Helen Dooley said...

Wow Pat this is a really pretty card. You did a great job on the colors and all.

Colleen said...

very classy!

Vicki said...

Absolutely awesome card Pat...you really did a great job with it!

HUGS!
Vicki

Mary Ski said...

Awesome card! I like the "foggy" look at the bottom of the card and the water splatters. Very very creative.