Thursday, December 4, 2014

the SCACD Holiday Inspiration Day

Winter Guardian 2014
Today is a special day at SCACD it is A Holiday Inspiration Day and several of us got together and thought we would use some of the amazing digital images Susana has in her store that the artist Carmen Medlin has done. The image I have is called Winter Guardian. When I seen this one I just fell in love with her but there are several I really love. Plus she is having a SALE going on right now. So stop by SCACD store and see what is going on. Susana also has a Blog with all kinds of inspiration on it.
Winter Guardian 2014  r
Spellbinder grand nestabilities scalloped, I cut out several of the sizes. Folded them in half. The paper was from my stash. This is really not a card it opens up as you will see and you can hang it on the wall. I explain about the stickers below but I used 3 trees and 5 gifts and several of the stars.
Winter Guardian 2014  l
I used some Brilliance ink color white around the edges.
Winter Guardian 2014  t
If you would like to stop by and see what the other designer created here are their blogs
Alaine
Roni
Susan
Kathi
Penny
Nikki
Alex
Kim
Patricia
Donna
 
Winter Guardian 2014  b
I added some of Aleene’s true snow and a hold lot of Martha Steward crystal fine glitter. This is the project open up and the way it would look on the wall.
Winter Guardian 2014  f
These are the copic markers I used to color the image.
Winter Guardian 2014  m
Here are some little closer pictures of the image. I added pear pen color ice white to the background. Some flower gems in blue to the trees. Very tiny white pearls to the button of her dress. I do hope you can see that it is a little 3D, everything is raised. I colored my image first and them I added the crystal fine glitter until it was smooth and them colored a little over what I already colored.
Winter Guardian 2014  cf
Winter Guardian 2014  c
These are the stickers I used, they are from Starform transport glitter #3216. I put the stickers on white card stock and cut them out. The gift packages I put on blue and a peach color and cut them out.
Winter Guardian 2014  stickera
I hope you enjoyed my project. Hope you can stop and see some of the other projects. Have a wonderful day.
AA PATRICIA ST MARTIN - SIGNATURE

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow Patricia!! I would not have believed one could get such fabulous results from peel-offs!!
This is a little work of art my friend! The shimmer from that fine glitter is fabulous! LOVE the pearls on the bottom of her dress!
Ok, I love EVERYTHING! xxx

Donna Hanley said...

This is amazing, Patricia. A whole lot of beautiful creating done here. Have a grand day.

DonnaMundinger said...

What an elegant scene you've created, Patricia! It truly showcases the beautiful stamp perfectly. Love the shape and all the sparkle, and especially the fine glitter you've added to Carmen's Winter Guardian. Exquisite work! xxD

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is stunning. I love how you made it three dimensional and what a clever usage of those gold stickers. I will have to remember that trick. I love your snow too with its pearl snowballs. All around beautiful design.
Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Susan Paul said...

SCADC's Winter Guardian is stunning in your elegant scene. Fabulous coloring and color combinations.
Hugs,
Susan

Alexandra Lundgren said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! The creation of the scene is amazing and the complete item is just STUNNING!

Susana M said...

This is just total gorgeousness <3

Susana M said...

This is just total gorgeousness <3

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing creation! Those stickers look like you did heat embossing. Stunning card!

Nikki W said...

Stunning, love the addition of the trees. A very special project x

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous! So pretty and angelic! Kx

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my goodness...it's truly a winter wonderland sprinkled ALL over a card and with the most vintage classy touch too. This is a beautiful card Pat. Thanks so much for sharing this. :)
Hugs to you,
Lisa x

Penny said...

Such sparkly gorgeousness, Pat! Love the way you combined your image with the stickers for the beautiful scene! Great coloring, wonderful design, and I love all the extra bling and texture that you added! What a fabulous wall hanging! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Crafting with Darcy said...

So beautiful Pat!! It is magical!
Hugs
Darcy

*Vicki* said...

Who would've thought that those stickers would look totally amazing on your card!! I love the whole scene and gold accents with the sparkle on your pretty image Pat!! Stunning!

Pia S said...

Oh, wow, this card is absolutely gorgeous, Pat! Love how you used the tree stickers and it looks fantastic with all that gold! A wonderful scene for an angel, and I love your choice of card shape too!

Lori Kobular said...

What an awesome card! I love the image and how you colored her and those tree stickers are really sweet!

Marie-Louise said...

What a fabulous project Patricia. Very clever.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Patricia also your card under
Gr Karin

Ink Stained Roni said...

Your card is beautiful! I love all of the glitter - it gives is such a dreamy quality!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness Patricia!!! This card is phenomenal!! I can't stop looking at it. I love those vinyl stickers. I am going to have to get mine out now. Truly a piece of artwork!!

Donna Ellis said...

oh MY, Patricia! This is absolutely, sparklingly, incredible! I love all the gold highlights and the pretty presents around your angel. This is a wonderful scene! Thank you for sharing about your son on my blog. The people who say that "anyone would do it" are the ones who ALWAYS do it. You and I have lived longer, and know that it is not always the case. In addition, Fear prevents many of us from trying to do the right thing. And sometimes, we may think we are simply not strong enough to prevent evil from happening. But if we all would stand up together, then evil could not triumph. Thank you for sharing. hugs, de

Carmen Medlin said...

This is sooooo shimmery and elegant and beautiful!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Jaw Dropping! Gorgeous in all ways. Love this composition. The trees look amazing and so is your design and coloring

Anne Temple said...

Another stunning creation! Love the shape and the colors and everything else about it. :-)

Janet McLaughlin said...

I really love what you have done with this image! So much sparkle and shine, just gorgeous!