Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Birthday Wishes

Birthday Wishes 2013

The challenge at Cards for Men has started and for this challenge #10 it is all about fancy folds and my card has no special folds. All of the other ones did the fancy folds so you can stop by and see all their wonderful creations. No excuse.. for me! Other them my crazy sciatica nerve. I do have to say my dear friend Marie-Louise gave me the best advice she said to do stretching work out and I do have to thank her so much!!! It worked, I finally am pain free. Ladies if this ever happens to you and I hope not that is what you have to do and no matter how it hurts that is the only way you are going to get it to go away. It lasted for over 2 1/2 weeks and I had such a hard time sitting at my computer and even doing my cards. Thanks so much Marie-Louise, you really helped. 

Birthday Wishes 2013  r

Very simply card. Our sponsor for the challenge is Scribbled Kidz and you can win some images.

Birthday Wishes 2013  l

Distressed around the image with dried marigold ink. My papers are from my scraps. Added a button and some left over ribbon.

Birthday Wishes 2013  i

The middle of the card I used EK punches cupcake and candles border.

Birthday Wishes 2013  m

These are the copic markers used to color the image. Added stickles to the cake color grape and the candles added orange and yellow.

Birthday Wishes 2013  c

Shot and sweet. Thanks for stopping by.

 

AA PATRICIA ST MARTIN - SIGNATURE

6 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Patricia. Love the colours.

I am so pleased that the stretches worked for you. Take care. Marie-Louise

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Patricia great colours and papers
jacqui x

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful birthday card. Love all the glittery icing.

Linda Palmer said...

Love what you did with this image, so cute and what perfect papers to go along with the birthday celebration. I love your beautiful coloring, great job, great card.

Penny said...

Love this card, Patricia! The image is adorable--really love your fab coloring & wonderful sparkle! Love the design and the colors and great DP--and cool bow on this, too! :^)
So glad to hear that your back is better! That's such a miserable experience. I didn't know there were stretching exercises to relieve it!
Hugs, Penny

Anonymous said...

The perfect paper for your image, love the sparkles too, very pretty
Hugs Julie P