Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fairy Land/ Tutorial to make a Triple Easel card


Fairie Land 2011 
The challenge at Color Me Creative classroom has started today. My card was so much fun to make. I love doing cards like this. New Challenge #25 will run until September 2nd. The Challenge this time will be all about things that have wings. You need to have fairies, butterflies, dragonflies and so forth. We have a wonderful Photo for inspiration.
The tutorial on the Easel card starts on the bottom.


Use YOUR COPICS, COPIC REFILLS OR COPIC AIRBRUSH SYSTEM (Or ProMarkers if you have them) to color any image of your choosing but it must have WINGS!! Use the photo as inspiration if you'd like to! Use any image you want BUT MAKE SURE YOU LINK BACK TO THE CMC CHALLENGE in your blog post!! ALL PROJECTS MUST BE NEW & NOT BACK-LINKED!! Do not forget when you enter you card to enter to inlinkz.com and them upload your card to the gallery and TAG (WINGS) so everyone can see your card.
The Prizes for the winner of the challenge are (randomly chosen) will get: *A pack of Copic Blending Paper * and $15 to spend on digi images at Make It Crafty (both gifts from Zoe of Make It Crafty) My images are from Make it Crafty this is one of my favorite sites to go to. The images I used are called “Sapphire Sitting Fairy Digi Stamp”, “Stairway to Heaven Digi Stamp” and “Timber Top Ridge Digi Stamp”.
Fairie Land

Here is a side view of what the Triple Easel card looks like. It is not hard to make. The paper I used for my background is from Stitchy Stamps it is one of their paper pack that they sell called Garden Fairies Meadow Paper. So I printed it out on my computer. I did cut it a little larger them the right size but I did not want to cute the tree down any more.

 Fairie Land           Fairie land fairy

I did end up cutting my images out. I colored with copic markers Tree G28, G24, G21, G20. Trunk E25, E23, E21, Birds R27,R24, R22. Ground YG95, YG93, YG91. Rocks E43, E42, 441, E40. Flowers Y15, Y13, Y11. I went around the tree with BG10.
Fairie LandThe Stairway I tried to make it look like water was running down so I used colors BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10. I add some White Liquid Appliqué and heated it so it would puff up a little. I also put some Diamond Glaze to give it some shine. For the Ivy on the gates the color I used G85, G82, G21. I added some stickles glitter glue star dust and yellow. I wanted something to make the gate a little stronger so I cut a small piece of Transparency and glued it to the back.
Now for Sapphire I used R85, R83, R81. Skin E50 E00. Belt and Trim Y15, Y13, Y11, Hair C9, C7, C5. Eyes E35, Wings BG10 and some Stickles glitter glue Star dust. I add a strip for the front area doe her to sit on because I made to just a little to big for the front panel and I do not remember what the name and who makes that strip :( sorry. I used some glitter brads and also some Stampendous stickles for the middle of the flowers. To finish my card off I added a bow. I do how you like my card. This is for my grand daughter her birthday is in September she will be turning 6, so now I have to hide it from her so she will not see it.

How to make a Triple Easel Card. I used Martha Stewart score it.
Here are the measurements, I used tin paper but you would want to used a good card stock for your frame.

Cut 1- 5 1/2 x 11
Cut 3- 5 1/2 x 5 1/2
Score 5 1/2 and 2 3/4 Yellow large easel
Score 2 3/4 and 1 3/8 pink, purple small easel
The 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 you will set a side. 
3 4
I did them in colors so you will be able to see each layer. The larger I did in yellow so that is my 5 1/2 by 11 so now you are going to score it at 5 1/2 and at one side score it at 2 3/4.

5 7
You will fold toward the inside of the card. Make sure you score your paper very well. Your first part will look like this. If you do not have any kind of way to score your card this part is to show you that you do not need to have one. All you need to do is fold it in half and then fold only one side in half again. So you will do this.
4 5
7 Now I will do it so you have the measurements. Score at 2 3/4 and score again at 1 3/8 only one side. The sizes you used for score the purple are the same sizes you would use for the pink.
13 14
15 16
Now you have your back piece to apply.
17 18
When you make your Triple Easel card and as you apply all your goodies you will be putting your card together. I found the middle (pink) part I glued or taped about 1 inch from the front bottom (yellow) and then I put down the front (purple) on to the bottom (yellow). Your 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 (green) you would glue or tape to the bottom (yellow). I hope you understand. If you have any question just let me know.
Have a great week end everyone.

Hugs, Patricia





13 comments:

Jo said...

Pat, Your card is adorable. I love the triple easel. You did a great job on it.

Roxann said...

You have out done yourself with this card, Patricia! STUNNING!! I will be trying the triple easel!
hugz,
Roxann

Anne Temple said...

WOW!! This is so stunning! Thanks for the tutorial on how to make a triple easel too.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patricia that is one fabulous card and I love how youve decoupaged the images away from the background. And a very useful tutorial as well. hugs Shirleyxx

Lorraine said...

OMG, Patricia, this is gorgeous! Your attention to detail is amazing, as is your coloring. Stunning!

Marie Gamber said...

Gorgeous job, as usual Pat! I love the way you made the card so diminutional! Exceptional!
Hugs,
Marie

Amystarz said...

Wow! This is a real stunner! your copic coloring is amazing!! Thanks for the tutorial...before scrolling down I was thinking "How'd she do that?" Happy to have found your blog...you've got a new follower :)

julieprice3 said...

Very clever card Pat! Thanks so much for the tutorial,very helpful. Your card is just delightful. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog
Hugs Julie P

Sally said...

fab tutorial and a great idea for a card, TFS :)

http://inmy-craftroom.blogspot.com/

Sally said...

Have linked your fab tutorial to my Blog please check it out :)

http://inmy-craftroom.blogspot.com/2011/10/paper-dcwv-a2-strings-coredinations.html

Alex said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for the easy to follow instructions. Your scene though is what really makes this card!!!

Kathi said...

Stunning card! Thanks for the tutorial.

CraftinGranny said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Patricia and letting me know about the tutorial. Great job, beautiful coloring, and design. "Hugs"