Sunday, August 8, 2010

We are doing it again at Donna’s Den?

You may ask what may that be? I bet you know  the answer! This Challenge we are doing is “Something Sweet”, I know I’m sure you could go for something like that right now. Couldn't you? One of my grand daughters favorite things is cupcakes but do not let her fool you it really is the frosting.  I did look to find one with frosting all over her mouth but I could not fine one but tomorrow we are celebrating her cousins  Isaiah birthday and I’m sure she will have frosting all over herself. She is my cupcake girl. 

Emma age 4

She is my little artist. She wants to grow up and color just like grandma. So she can make cards for Donna’s Den of Crafts. http://www.donnasdenofcrafts.co.uk Remember Donna is always getting NEW things in the store so it would be nice to stop by some time and check out what is new,

something special

I do not think there is a  name for the kind of card I made. I have never seen a tutorial for making it. Standard size card 5 1/2” by 4 1/4” . So you would cut your card stock 8 1/2”  by 5 1/2”, Next you would score in on each side 4 1/8” and fold to the center. They should somewhat meet. To cut the front, I folded my card backwards and slipped a small cutting matt in between the card stock and measured up and down 1 1/2” and from the sides I measured 1 inch in and then drew a triangle and cut that out.something special a little open

This is how it looks when you start to open it up. Now on the front for the sides you will need to cut two pieces of scrapbook paper 2” by 5 1/4”. To get the right dimensions for your triangle, I took my card and measured the triangle and added 1/2” on to that and cut the middle out. I stamped Happy Birthday all around, I used a Stampendous Stamp. Now remember when you put your scrapbook paper on cut out where your triangle will be. (If you would want the hole in the front of the card to be a little bigger just change the measurements).something special half open 

Because of the dark background I put a liner in the back and stamped a cupcake, trying to center it so it will show through the window when the card is closed. Stamped make a wish, these are from Hero arts.Something Special open

This is what the card look like when it is all open. You can do more it you want, it is all up to you. I would love to see what you do……  We need to get back to Donna’s Den of Crafts.  Here is the prize you can win, it is a sheet of rubber stamps.

The Challenge starts August 9 and ends August 22, 2010. So you have time to make “SOMETHING SWEET” is the Theme. Upload your card to Donna’s Den of Crafts Blog. I want to thank all of the girls that have been doing all of the challenge. We sure have some wonderful cards and very talented girls that do the challenge all the time.

As always if you have any problems trying to make my card please let me know and I will try and help you. I know sometime my instructions are not real clear but I do try.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Be safe.

Cherish yesterday, dream tomorrow, live like crazy today!

Hugs, Patricia

3 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Great card Pat. You probably could have gotten away with just the picture of your granddaughter. She's sooooo sweet.

Take care,

Donna xx

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Patricia, I love the design & the cupcake image with the candle. You granddaughter is a really sweetie too!

Have a great week :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

crafty amy said...

Your granddaughter is adorable I am sure it is not just frosting lol :D
This card is super sweet like her I love it.

Hugs

Amy xx