Sunday, August 19, 2012

I will have a Grocery girl and a Diva

Grocery girl 2012
Hello to all my wonderful friends in cyber world. I hope your week end was a good one. It was beautiful here in Wisconsin. It seems like the HOT weather is gone for now although I do not want to say that to loud because it can come back. I know some of you would think this is even cold but it has been in the 70’s and even in the 60’s and that is what I love about Wisconsin. It has been beautiful!! OK enough about that. Over at Color Me Creative we have challenge #50  going on and it is all about Blacks/Dark Grays , the challenge ends on August 31 at 800pm. Our Sponsor for this challenge i s Milk & Coffee shop and they have the cutest images. So stop by and check the out. The images I used are GROCERY GIRL AND TIFFANY DIVA. One Lucky Winner will win a $15 GC to Milk N Coffee. The paper used is from A•Muse Studio, the color on the card is called Iido and used the gingham assortment. (my girlfriend sells A•Muse) Found some apple buttons and used Scrappers Floss Black by Karen Foster. The little basket of apples is a button I had from JoAnn’s.
milkcoffee logo
Here are a couple pictures to help you get the idea about blacks and dark grays. On both of my cards I used the warn grays.
http://api.ning.com/files/Bt6WEeArerB6gVg5ZmoSsKCwH*IYdQ9pOdt1AKPm-dkZ2GhuO2Tj-0QLEcJsmIU5ou7RKgubtx2Lo3lhe5bu1TN8V8bQWbm4/blackbutterfly.jpg
Here are the copic markers I used to color my image.
Grocery girl marker
I made these cards just standard size, 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 size.   I did not do the inside of both cards. Here is the close up.
Grocery girl close up
Now here is Tiffany Diva.
Diva 2012

Used the Spellbinder called Floral Oval and sponged around the edges with brilliance ink purple. The flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts. Added just a few Pearls from The Pearl Pen color Lilac. These are the copic markers used to color her.
Diva markers


Here is her close up.
Diva close up
I want to let everyone know that Suzanne at COLOR ME CREATIVE has a NEW class starting the end of August and it is all about coloring HAIR.  
cmchair_ad2012
Suzanne is having a coloring class that focuses 110% on HAIR!  Coloring hair can be stressful, frustrating and hard...but for Suzanne,  I absolutely love it as I feel its always a new challenge.  So in this class we will cover ALL KINDS of hair challenges including BIG HAIR, dread-locks, braids, pony-tails, boy's hair, and more!
Suzanne will break it all down for you step by step with lots of tips along the way to apply to any image you may have!  After you take this class you will be able to master coloring hair of any style or color!!  Suzanne will also conquer lots of hair colors using BOTH Copic and TouchTwin markers...no worries either or both is fine to use, up to you!
I hope you like both my cards. Have a awesome week. Send warm hugs to everyone.

Challenge
Stamptacular Sunday- challenge #176 Let's hear it for the girls ends Aug 25
Cut and Girly- Something fruity ends Aug 31
Card Cupids- Anything goes Aug 31
Wild Orchid Crafts - Summer flowers ends Sept 2

PATRICIA ST MARTIN - SIGNATURE

19 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Double Wow! These are both so beautifully colored. Love the color schemes in both. Fabulous job Pat. Love them!

*Vicki* said...

Such stunning coloring on BOTH of these hun!! I love the gingham pattern on the top one and the beautiful elegant design on the second one!! TFS! HUGS

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeous Patricia, love the way you've coloured the girls

jacqui x

Penny said...

Oh, my, Patricia, these are absolutely fabulous! You do such a great job with the blacks, but then all your coloring is fantastic! :^)
Love the buttons and the gingham on the first; and love the die cut and pretty purple floral arrangements on the second! And the hair on both is beautiful.
I think I will take that class on hair--heaven only knows when I'll have the time! ;^)
Hugs,
Penny

julieprice3 said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the diva image the folds in her dress are just beautiful, nicely done Pat
Hugs Julie P

Marie-Louise said...

What superb cards. Your colouring is unbelievable - fantastic.

Secondly - Patricia when our weather is in the 60's and occasionally in the 70's - we call it a heatwave!!

Roxann said...

Stunning, just stunning, Pat! Your coloring is exemplary! Love both images and cards and I have to say I love that broach! I am a pin gal.

Hugz,
Roxann

jennifer said...

As always your cards are beautifully done. Your cards inspire me to do better. Thanks

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Both totally gorgeous cards Pat! You've really shown how wonderful the black/greys can look in the hands of a professional :)

Anne Temple said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous and beautifully colored. Really love the second one - she is really stunning.

Cathy Lee said...

Awesome card, Patricia. These girly images are definitely Divas. You colored them so pretty. I signed up for the "All about Hair" class as soon as Suzanne issued the announcement. I love her style of teaching and it can only enhance my coloring skills.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a great card, Pat! I love the the image and how beautifully she is colored. This is certainly "one for the girls"! I have not charted the "black hair" territory yet and your card might just give me the courage I need to move forward. I am also looking forward to Suzanne's new hair class! You know I am a fan of your work... so lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sundays. We are so excited to add a new feature to our challenges- each week there will be "Top 3 Winners" in addition to the random prize drawing! We hope you join us again next week for another great challenge, prizes and a chance to be on our Top 3 list! Good Luck! xxx Ann Marie

Linda Palmer said...

Pat, just wanted you to know Sherrill is doing great and feeling much better after her surgery, After her Dr. said she had Cancer, they didn't find any. Thanks so much for the prayers for her.

Shelby said...

Glad the heat wave finally broke for you guys up north! That was a long hot summer.
Beautiful cards and your coloring of both of them is exquisite and the black is spot on perfect in each of them.

Shelby

Uta said...

Both cards are so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Hugs, Uta

Kate said...

Lovely cards, beautiful hair colouring. Thanks for joining us at By The Cute And Girly this month.

** Kate **

Céline said...

fab cards and amazing coloring
have you see our Dt call? it will be a pleasure if you want to apply
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Lisa M said...

I love the shopping girl diva..she's adorable. Your coloring always put me in a trance Pat. I've had the best time enjoying your cards today! :)
Hugs to you and thank you for the wonderful comment you left me the other day.
Lisa xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Beautiful coloring and gorgeous accents!! Just so striking. Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.